Trying to get a refund from a company that is a total scam

Jmc57
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a complaint in the Resolution Center about a purse I bought from:<removed>China

What was sent to me was a cheap plastic imitation of a purse that looked nothing like the Dooney and Bourke that was listed.  I have escalated this with PayPal, and the seller has offered to send me a refund of $42.98 IF I send the cheap purse back to China.  I do not think this is right, because then I am out at least $20.00 if I send this back to the seller in China for something they intentionally did.  I wish I had read the reviews on this before ordering because MANY people have said the same thing.  They get NOTHING like what they ordered.  I think PayPal should have taken them down a long time ago.  I have tried to go back in to the Resolution Center to state I will not accept this seller's offer, but there is no where I can do that.  The "Message" assistant is computer generated and you are not able to speak to a real person.  Can anyone suggest what I need to do next?

Thank you, 

JC

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmc57 

If you have already escalated to a claim then all you can do is refuse the sellers offers and wait for paypal to tell you if you can return it for a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.