Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
https://www.bntliterat.xyz This is the one that is linked to my PayPal receipt
Login to Me Too

YummyMummyMo
Contributor
Contributor
Very similar thing happened to me. I ordered a stainless steel bin, and received a collapsible dog bowl! It was posted through my letterbox, tracked, with no signature required! I've never heard of a rubbish bin that fits through a letterbox. They should be investigated for criminal fraud, and not be allowed a PayPal, or any account. They are obviously doing well in their criminal activities, they have convincing website and products to view. They just don't exist!
Login to Me Too

Andynwlad
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I ordered a dual screen for laptop at £25 through their facebook ad, after 2months I receive a phone stand worth about £2, I have an ongoing dispute through paypal.

Login to Me Too

Andynwlad
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got an update from Paypal, the case is closed in my favour and I should receive a refund in the new few days.

Login to Me Too

giorgiorman
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, I opened a dispute because I bought a "Portable Computer Workstation-Three Screens 1080p" after 2 months a "cell phone support" arrived.

Seeing all the supplier's problems I will never buy from him again.

Login to Me Too

Portvale1
Contributor
Contributor

same with me

"in the sellers communication they claim to have sent the workstation, this is incorrect, i have received a Mobile phone stand, which is not what i ordered. I do not know whether it is a deliberate act to gain a received note so they can claim the workstation was delivered but is plainly not what i ordered! thh stand is worth no more than £0.50, if that, and i expect what i ordered to be delivered. thankyou?"

Login to Me Too

wcg65
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered a bike rack, and 5 weeks later still no tracking. Site says STORE CLOSED. Filed a dispute and they sent me a totally worthless watch. Thieving **bleep**. PayPal dispute was closed, but reopened via SENT WRONG ITEM. I don't so much worry about the money I lost, but rather want these crooked **bleep** shut down. Total waste of space and oxygen, whomever is in charge at Onhui.
Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
My dispute is with PayPal at the moment and I intend to follow this through to the end , I have also contacted Facebook this morning via report a problem and told them my situation and about all the others I have read to see if they will help stop further people being scammed
Login to Me Too

wcg65
Contributor
Contributor
Case closed today in my favor. Thank you PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Windtone31
Contributor
Contributor
Yes exactly I paid for some stuff in august they told PayPal there was a tracking number (a joking one) and it had been delivered PayPa lbelieve and told me I had no case but if I got a letter off them they would look at my claim again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.