Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

PaulYuan417
Hi there, I got problem with this company too. Tracking record says the order has been delivered, but I haven’t got the item. I made the payment through PayPal on 12 September, it has been three months since the order. The tracking record shows the item has been delivered, but I haven’t got the item. Anyone got same issue with this company? How can I get a refund from PayPal? Thanks Paul
Login to Me Too

alant3048
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid through PAYPAL using a credit card, it may be better to file a claim with the credit card company as Paypal is an absolute joke. They do not help their customers at all, but tie them up in endless responses , each time asking the buyer to provide even more information. The last request was for me to file a police report, which I managed to do even though the police are on shutdown due to covid and don't allow anyone in the building. I expect the next request will be for me to send my first born. 

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
Did you receive anything maybe that you didn't order ? , I recieved a watch instead of 15 shoe boxes , read back through these posts they are really helpful , I after 2 months have recieved my refund but it was a long process but refused to give up after being scammed
Login to Me Too

stellios
Contributor
Contributor

same purchased some shoe boxes 45usd sent a rubber sock re tracking no   worth about 1usd

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
Have you managed to get a refund via PayPal yet i am in the process of doing this
Login to Me Too

Porkchopjac
Contributor
Contributor
Nope. Been dragging this out for well over a month. Each time there’s a deadline to give me my refund they find a reason to delay it again. Now they say they’re giving the merchant until the 10th to respond or they’ll give my refund. Yet all the seller has to do is respond with anything at all and it gives them reason to not give a refund. I’ve shown them all the documentation and photos of package and the crappy watch as well as the order invoice showing 40 shoe cases ordered etc but they just respond with excuses. Always “we understand your frustration and are investigating” blah blah blah. All they do is enable sellers like these Chinese thieves to continue doing the same thing over and over using new company names and websites. I’m only out $29 but it’s the principle of it and obviously we aren’t alone in getting scammed ya know.
Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
Its definitely the principle , ive sent all documents to paypal too the same as you but ive only just started my dispute I cant even escalate it till the 20th of this month as I have to wait for the seller to respond, ive written a long essay to paypal telling them its a scam and about the posts like yours I have seen on the community hub , I cant believe I have been scammed it all seemed so real and I saw the ad on Facebook and followed it from there ,I hope you get your refund
Login to Me Too

Porkchopjac
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! Same for you as well. Teamwork makes the dream work. Lol. Hopefully if enough of us speak up then it will make a difference! I was stupid and KNEW it was too good to be true but just figured I’d wait a month or 2 and then the cases would arrive and just be inferior quality or something. I knew when I saw on the tracking info where it said “Usps select parcel lightweight” that is was gonna be an empty envelope or piece of crap little item. No way 40 shoe cases would have been under a pound. Haha. Amazing how Facebook and IG let these people advertise and scam people through their sites but don’t allow all sorts of other things. Boggles the mind. Let’s just hope that once the dominoes start to fall that we will all get refunds!
Login to Me Too

MStraiten
Contributor
Contributor

I so agree. I wonder if PayPal is in on the scam!!!!! Paypal offer money back guarantee but I don't see it

Login to Me Too

Charad69
Contributor
Contributor
And Facebook too!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.