Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

Lauracm2020
Contributor
Contributor
Did you manage to resolve? In my case PayPal was absolutely unhelpful and I will lose all my money They want me to send back the $2 flats I received, at my own expenses and only when the buyer sends confirmation of having received the item they will refund... the address provided For the looks very dodgy Too and only written in Chinese! Very disappointed about pay pal too!!
Login to Me Too

beyondjordan

I. had the same thing! 40 shoe boxes, got the silicone boot covers! I have escalated to paypal. Paypal asked me to file with consumer protection.  I upload confirmation of that filing. Paypal now says I should be getting a refund. I also asked about all of you, I included the link to this discussion and I said. that hundreds of other clients are beings scammed. Paypal assured me that the user will be flagged for abuse. Hope to see my refund soon.

Login to Me Too

Me too a crappy watch
Login to Me Too

ccvoice
New Community Member

Exactly the same thing happened to me and i had to pay customs charge. 😞 

How do i get my money back? 

Login to Me Too

alant3048
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. I ordered a folding table and got one single flamingo print pillow case. The seller wanted me to send it back at a cost of $50.00 - more than the cost of the folding table. I reported them to the police for FRAUD. Under paypal rules (which the seller know very well) under a situation where there is a dispute you have to send the item back ( and the seller dictates that it has to be tracked mail at huge cost) to get a refund. The problem here is FACEBOOK which allows scammers to use their platform with impunity.

Login to Me Too

MDS20
New Community Member
I also ordered the shoe boxes and got a tiny envelope with some sequins because of this PayPal are refusing to issue a refund.
Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
Did you open the dispute as item not as expected or not as recieved , if its not as expected paypal should ask you to return the item , if you read bk through all these posts you will find lots of things to help you with this , it took me 2 months but I have just received my refund , good luck.
Login to Me Too

AviCohen
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same issue and PP closed the case in the scammer's favor! Any ideas on how to escalate this? 

Login to Me Too

Being1
I have had the exact same experience with scam company Onhui Technology. I bought a table and back pack on their website: ‘zlimpressioniv.xyz’ and after months of waiting I received a cheap, lousy watch. They needed it back to refund me they said, but they want to make a deal with you that you buy the cheap watch and get partially refunded. No way. Please don’t go along with this, this is how they make their scam profits. I contacted PayPal. Paypal requires you to send back the cheap watch. Do this over the post to avoid high shipping costs!! Make a picture while you put it in the mailbox as proof of sending. After a few weeks PayPal decided to fully refund the money. Thank you. Very good deciscion. But it would be even better if PayPal could warn customers about obvious scam companies like Onhui Technology prior to a purchase. It would avoid a lot of extra hassle and disappointment.
Login to Me Too

XIN26
New Community Member
I ordered 2 laptop stands. I didnt even receive any cheap product and PayPal denies my dispute claim by saying that the seller managed to produce shipping information. The sellers should know that there is karma in this world.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.