Trying to cancel "pending" payments

rugbyrne6
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've initiated case files with Resolution Center regarding (2) payments which are listed as "pending." Both parties I sent these monies to have claimed they did not receive them. In my personal PayPal account resolution window it lists as "0" the number of cases I've initiated. Also, it tells me there's additional documentation requested via an email I haven't received. So:  1) Is it possible to cancel a pending payment?   2) does PayPal have to successfully address this issue of mine before I can get my Chase bank account to reverse the debits which have shown up to my account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rugbyrne6 

If the payments are pending then the sellers have not received payment yet (for whatever reason) and so you can't open a dispute.

If they remain pending for 30 days they will time out, if there is a cancel option then cancel (but that is normally for a payment sent to an email address that does not exist and so the pending payment would never go through).

If the payment completes THEN you would be able to open a dispute if the seller does not send the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.