Trying to cancel a pending transaction under a non-account purchase. PLEASE HELP

ZackTheNever
New Community Member

I am in a bit of a confusing situation here. It would be so much better to be able to talk to an actual person from PayPal but of course, that can't happen. Here's my story:

Yesterday I made a purchase online, the purchase was made through PayPal, but NOT through an account from PayPal, simply through my debit card information. Later on I discovered that the company I purchased the item from has a phone line that is disconnected and a non-working email address. I'm just going to take a minute to assume this company has no intention of even sending me my item. With that being said, I attempt to activate a PayPal account with the information that I used to make the purchase because they sent me an email with my payment confirmation, invoice ID, etc.. and it has a big blue button stating "Activate PayPal Account". I go to click on it and it only opens up this webpage that has me change a password to a PayPal account I have that is active. (I have a PayPal account, I just chose to not use it because I didn't have my debit card or banking info linked to it). At this point, I can only assume that I can't activate this new account because the email I have linked to this purchase is linked to an already active account. At this, I change the email to my active account to something different, make it the primary email and delete the old one. Assuming this would make this email available to make a new account to link this purchase to.. NOPE. SAME THING. It just opens a page that has me change my password to an email that is now not even linked to an account at all. All I am trying to do is cancel this purchase, it's still pending through my bank. I also contacted my bank and they said they cannot cancel pending purchases and recommended me to reach out to PayPal and see what they could do. 

Attached are some images of the email of purchase confirmation I received and the webpage that is displayed when I press the "Active PayPal Now" button. If anyone has any recommendations, please reach out. 

Thanks so much!Webpage.pngEmail.png

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.