Try to get Refund back from scam seller, but dispute end in Seller favor. I want my money back.

Kay1957
Contributor
Contributor

Try to get a Refund back from scam seller, but it's end in Seller favor,  the reason given for this decision is that Paypal have not received valid proof that the merchandise was returned (a full refund having been previously agreed by the seller if the merchandise was returned).  which is NOT CORRECT I have previously provide the track able number I receive from royal mail as paypal requested, I even send paypal the Certify proof of postage stamp by Royal mail.  in fact provided the proof of dispatch - however it may be that due to the protracted nature of this case your reviewer failed to open the correct link?  http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RY073668060GB     
Accordingly I am again enclosing all the relevant images and links that confirm proof of postage and show the goods being in transit (as of today the latest shipping information shows the goods being in China, it's has been clear by the custom and still in transit but not yet received by the seller)

Could Paypal please supply me with the reason why the seller did not give me the refund for the item that they didn't send. As I previously mentioned, I ordered and paid the seller for 2 items on 26th February 2020, however only 1 item was delivered on 20th April (manufactured with wrong measurements). After I waited over 2 months, I try to emails them but no respond and realize I was scam. NB - the seller only shipped this item after I had filed the Paypal dispute! The seller said He would give a full refund if I returned the purchase to him at my own expense, WHICH I DID.  
This is the email evidence that the seller sent to me... in which they had admitted that the item that I didn't receive was out of stock.
 ................Screenshot_20200602_105550_com.google.android.gm.jpg

"Considering lack of manufacturing due to Covid-19, we have no choice but canceled the item which is out of stock and shipped what is ready.
We are so sorry for the inconvenience that suit did not fit you. 
Will it be possible to give others as a gift? Or how about we make you a partial refund as a way to make up for this?"
Now It's end in this scammer favor I follow paypal link and cannot find appeal the outcome.. so someone please help.

Images of packed goods. 

inCollage_20200602_110122835.jpg

Image of shipping paperwork with Royal Mail Stamp mark and official proof of postage

IMG_20200424_110214.jpg

Link to relevant Royal Mail Tracking page
https://www3.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/tracking-results/RY073668060GB

Images of the package Tractable linked from China Post page (Royal mail partner website) and from royal mail Tracking website

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RY073668060GB       

inCollage_20200601_190821091.jpg

Did more research appeal that i'm not their only victims. inCollage_20200420_185927128.jpg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

scoates367
Contributor
Contributor

I did not receive goods, nor any tracking or delivery info- but Paypal ends dispute in favor of seller! What a joke

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I have read numerous stories where buyer/victim sends item (worthless item in most cases but "substantially not as described" in all cases) to return address provided by seller/scammer and in only one case the buyer got refunded. All others I'd read resulted in seller's favor. due to some or all of the following:

1) PP gives little time for buyer to send package back.

2) Return address written in Chinese, and most scam victims are not Chiniese.

3) Return address bogus/ambiguous, resulting in non-deliverable scenario.

4) PP requires, in addition to tracking, seller comfirmation of item delivery.

5) Cost of shipping to China/Hong Kong is greater than recoverable purchase price. (PP promise to reimburse max $30, but won't cover entire cost.)

6) In current pandemic, waiting in line at post office exposes victim to health risk, so many victims unwilling to return item.

The scenario reads like a good Mel Brooks comedy if it weren't true, but sadly it is and hundreds (and I dare say even thousands) of real people are paying the price.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.