Trouble with withdrawing a dispute

Luisn4215
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone,

I am in a bit of a situation at the moment. An automatic payment went through on March 4th, and seemed to have been withdrawn automatically as well, or at least that part of my memory falters. The problem arises when soon after that, the card it was on ended up becoming compromised, leading to the card no longer being in use. Now, since the card is no longer active, it does not seem like I can contact a Visa helpline to withdraw the dispute on the payment. I've seen others with similar issues on here, so I was wondering if there was any way for me to withdraw the dispute on Paypal, and have the payment reinstated? It doesn't seem like I can do that through the resolution center, so I'm not entirely sure how to go at it. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Luisn4215, If you filed the dispute through you card issuer or financial institution, there will never be an option for PayPal to cancel the dispute you filed on them. You can only cancel a dispute in the resolution center for claims opened her in PayPal. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.