Trouble with refund

VickyM08
New Community Member

Hi there

I wonder if anyone can advise me what’s to do to resolve this issue.

I cancelled an order with Currys on the 10/11/20.  But as payment had been taken, I raised a dispute few days later, because the store was slow in getting back to me regarding the refund. Their customer service advised that refunds would be slower if a dispute had been raised, and as by then, they had then sent the cancellation email, I assumed that the refund would take place within a week to ten days. However a month on, and the money still hasn’t appeared in my account, and I’m unable to raise a dispute as PayPal consider the case closed.  Any suggestions of how I proceed? Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VickyM08 

Shame you rushed to a dispute, you have up to 180 days to open a dispute for non receipt of item so would have been best to wait for your refund.

As you can only open x1 dispute per transaction your only options now are a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card OR small claims court against Currys.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.