Transfer money from old paypal to new paypal.

itsaliceli8
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I recently sold something on Depop and the paypal account that I had originally linked to my Depop account didn't seem to be working so I deleted that account and made a new one. The problem is that I can't seem to access the money that was in my old paypal account on my new account. Is there any way I can transfer the money I had in my old paypal account into my new one? Also, second question, Depop keeps saying that my paypal is unverified when it is, in fact verified. I verified my email address and bank account and still it says unverified. Can anyone help me with these problems? Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itsaliceli8 

If the old PayPal account is still an active account, you'll need to get access to it in order to PayPal the money over to your new PayPal account. 

How is the old account not working? Is it limited asking for identity verification? You can't log in?

Contact customer service to get the issue resolved:

Please visit this page:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Another option is for the buyer to file a Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim on first payment to get a refund meanwhile sending payment to your new account.

Perhaps clear your browser cache/cookies and restart device and then try linking your new PayPal account to Depop again.

Make sure the link to Depop is deactivated in your PayPal settings before relinking:

Go to Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select Depop on left, click Cancel on the right.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

itsaliceli8
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Thank you for the quick reply. My old paypal account is now closed since I had trouble verifying it so I could use it on Depop. I confirmed my email address and bank account and yet Depop still couldn't provide me with my shipping label because my paypal account was "unverified", thus leading me to close that account and make a new one. I've contacted customer service and they are not providing much help unfortunately. I will try again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.