Transaction unlisted to start a dispute on the resolution center

allroms
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I bought an item on eBay Ireland in April 2020 but the seller never sent the item.

I used Paypal credit card platform to pay the item.

I didn't log in to PayPal to pay, I just used the payment gateway.

After a few weeks, I never got any message from the seller and never received the item.

The seller was in Spain.

I tried to contact him in vain.

I tried to contact eBay and after a few weeks I was able to get some answers that redirected me to PayPal Resolution Center.

The problem is that I can't open a dispute or claim on the Resolution Center as the transaction is not listed in my transactions list.

eBay support gave the transaction ID from PayPal but I can't use it on the website.

I tried to email the support but the Robot just sends me the link to the Resolution Center.

I tried to call the Paypal support but it's closed due to Covid-19 staff restriction.

What can I do to open the dispute ? Is there a way to create a claim for this kind of transaction ?

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allroms 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allroms 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

allroms
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for your advice @kernowlass it indeed worked.

I contacted my card issuer and open a chargeback request.

I got the refund this morning !

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.