Transaction not completed; funds deducted but no receipt

zombiecash
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community.

I recently made a purchase for virtual goods. The purchase with PayPal completed but the transaction on the seller side did not. PayPal deducted the funds from my bank account but I'm still missing the goods. I was able to get in contact with the seller's support staff and they have no record of the purchase.

On the PayPal side, I have a transaction id but there's no receipt number or anything like that from the seller. 

Basically, PayPal took the money before confirming the transaction had completed on the seller side. And now I'm short the money with no product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried raising an issue with PayPal but the Help in relation to this is invalid. It mentions:

"Click on the case, and then click Escalate to PayPal." but there is no option to escalate to PayPal. I can't work with the seller if they have no record of the transaction.

Cheers,

James.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @zombiecash. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. How you feel right now is totally understandable. First of, i would like to know if you have opened a case for this transaction via our Resolution center. Because if you have, then there is always a button for you to escalate it to us. If you have not, here is how to do it: Go to the Resolution Center. Click Report a Problem. Select the reason for your case and click Continue. PayPal receipt is being sent to customers only if the transaction was done as a guest, if not then the transaction Id that you mention is an enough information to file a dispute. If your seller is claiming that they have not received your payment yet, ask them if they have a confirmed email address or confirmed bank account in their PayPal account. The payment must have been unclaimed that is why its not showing. I hope my reply will help you. All for the best. Stay healthy and safe. ***** Simple appreciation of my reply would mean clicking the like sign below. Thank you. 😊
Login to Me Too

Vinder10
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, I am having the same problem as well. Can you advise me on what to do next? I do not have the option to choose the transaction in order to report because it's not listed in my activity and I do not have any transaction id. I am short on money. Kindly help. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.