Tracking

TN1968
New Community Member
Just received an email for a package delivery at 10 am 7/25/20 for a product I ordered at 3pm 7/25/20 I believe in being scammed what can I do
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Ed3151
New Community Member

My wife just had the same issue.  She went to the Post Office who said the package was delivered to a different address in the same zip code.  This cam evidently has been in play for years, they simply send an empty express mail delivery to another address in the same zip code.  She has contacted the underlying credit card company to stop payment.

Login to Me Too

Slaw2
Contributor
Contributor

This is definitely a popular scam. It's all over the internet. You'll probably have to keep fighting PayPal like I have been doing since May. They have denied my case multiple times and will demand that you produce an "intranet form" from the shipper. In my case that was the USPS, and it is illegal for them to give out tracking information if it is not your address, which mine was not. The scammers know they just need to send something, probably something worthless, to any address in your zip code, or they just use bogus tracking numbers. Then they give the tracking number to PayPal. PayPal denies the claim based on the tracking info. Keep fighting them! Keep the dialogue going via chat on PayPal, even though you'll get the same canned responses over and over. You can't call, because no one is answering calls at PayPal. File a claim at IC3.gov naming PayPal as well as the scammer. Today PayPal said they were approving my case and refunding my money. I'll believe it when I see it, but it took SO MUCH time and frustration to get to this point. PayPal should be ashamed for enabling and siding with scammers like this.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey folks, let's vote with our feet. Don't use PP, even for trusted merchants. When their lack of concern for buyers start to affect their bottom line, then they will take corrective action. Of course too late for us early victims; but hopefully PP will change. PP provided a useful service in the early days before scammers took over.

Login to Me Too

Slaw2
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah Perplexed, I’m so done with them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.