Tracking number scam

gvoi
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Lego set for my grandson as a gift on May 22. On May 29th, I received a Proof of delivery from the seller with a tracking number. The weight of the item was 13.20 LBS and received by someone we did not know. Obviously this did not come to the address on the purchase document on my PayPal account.

UPS provided information associated with that tracking number; it was sent to a company in the same town,  for a different item, to a different address, and a different buyer. The proof from UPS was sent tp PayPal. 

My claim has been denied by PayPal. I cannot contact anyone at PayPal that is willing to help. I have been in contact with UPS and they are indicating that PayPal is notorious for their association with fraudulent sellers. My advice is post this kind of activity to every social media site you are on. Buyers need to know that PayPal does not stand behind their transactions.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BeaglePerks
Contributor
Contributor

I'm surprised at this. I lost money from buying a weights Bench from China after seeing an add on Facebook. I never received item. PayPal said the company proved they had Bench delivered. I lost $39.00 not sure how much in £ 

Login to Me Too

Tlingitmaiden
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me and I am not sure if there is anything I can do about it. I ordered an item off of Facebook and ALWAYS use PayPal because I thought there was some security in that. I never received the item, and was charged extra for shipping (when shipping was free). My dispute was closed because the seller provided a tracking number (not MY tracking number but a made up one or an old one). The tracking number shows that the item was shipped before I even ordered it and it miraculously was delivered the same day that I ordered it. I tried to contact the seller myself but to no avail. And have been waiting out my waiting period only to log into PayPal this morning to learn that my dispute was closed and "not in my favor". I tried chatting with PayPal assistance but got stuck in a loop  which put me right back into filing a dispute (in which they just say that it is closed). Ugh!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.