Tracking label #fraud #disputes

Cornymolina
New Community Member

I made a very poor mistake in buying an item from a weird website and it cost me $169. So the website I was trying to make a return to has been redirected to another site (nintendo) and I cannot upload a tracking statement to the carrier i bought it from to receive my discount. I have yet to have spoken to customer service, but will do so after I post this message. I had my dad go to our local UPS to see how much it will cost to ship the package to them, but it will basically cost my entire refund to do so, is there any other way around this problem or will I have to take the risk and send it back to China for $113??????

Context: Bought refurbished nintendo switch from wack website, got scammed by receiving fidget spinner instead. Cannot make tracking label due to site's disappearance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cornymolina 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe...

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" and choose the most appropriate options:

(Note: the option you choose makes or breaks your claim so choose correctly!) (Select the one highlighted in red).

I didn't receive an item i purchased  

The (entire order) product or service was not delivered to you. 

I received an item that's significantly not as described  

The product or service was significantly not as described in your order. 

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity, transactions and account changes you didn't authorize*. 

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

*Meaning someone hacked into your account and did something without your permission/knowledge or otherwise PayPal may deny your claim. 

This does not include paying someone who you didn’t know was a scammer or by mistake (use first two options for that).

If you sent payment as friends and family, you won't have the first two (2) options because friends and family payments have no purchase protection, because it is considered a "gift" payment, so no refunds.

Please read BUYER PROTECTION PROGRAM TERMS:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Purchase Protection terms & conditions:

Step 1: Open a dispute within 180 days of the date you made the payment. This might allow you to start a direct conversation with the seller regarding your issue with the transaction that may help resolve the dispute. If you are unable to resolve the dispute directly with the seller, proceed to Step 2. We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the seller's PayPal account until the dispute is resolved or closed.

Step 2: Escalate the dispute to a claim for reimbursement within 20 days after opening the dispute, if you and the seller are unable to come to an agreement, or we will automatically close the dispute. You can escalate the dispute to a claim for reimbursement through the Resolution Center. The seller or PayPal may also escalate the dispute to a claim at this point. If you are making an Item Not Received claim, PayPal may ask you to wait at least 7 days from the transaction date to escalate the dispute. 

Step 3: Respond to PayPal’s requests for documentation or other information, after you, the seller or PayPal escalates your dispute to a claim for reimbursement. PayPal may require you to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports or other documents that PayPal specifies. You must respond to these requests in a timely manner as requested in our correspondence with you.

Step 4: Comply with PayPal’s shipping requests in a timely manner, if you’re filing a Significantly Not as Described claim. PayPal may require you, at your expense, to ship the item back to the seller, to PayPal or to a third party (which will be specified by PayPal) and to provide proof of delivery.

---

Unfortunately with these Chinese sellers, you'll end up having to pay return shipping, however, PayPal does offer some relief on the return shipping costs:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you are not still satisfied with the judgement of having to return, then if you paid with a credit card, you may forfeit your PayPal dispute to resolve it directly and exclusively with the card issuer.

Please stick to merchants. you know and trust. Do research on merchant first. Cutting corners will come back to cut you in the end.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cornymolina
New Community Member

is there a way i can reaccept the partial refund or is that not an option anymore???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.