Too Many Scam Companies Using Service To Cheat Buyers

charliebrowntx
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone else getting tired of scam companies using PayPal to cheat customers out of money & not delivering items paid for.  I got scammed on a bottle of shampoo by a company that never sent it.  I filed a complaint with PayPal right away & tried to contact the Seller but their website & contact info wasn't working, so I got no response.  I escalated my complaint to a claim within the specified period of time.  I tried to used the tracking number the Seller had on their invoice/receipt, but it didn't work on the USPS website.  Now I get a message saying that the Seller is shipping the item, but I want my refund.  I don't want the shampoo.  It's too late.  The Seller lied & said the item was already delivered, but it wasn't.  I never received it.  And now, the USPS tracking number listed says the Seller is in the process of shipping the item.  That's not what I asked for?  What is wrong with PayPal?  This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have been scammed by what is apparently a Chinese scammer.  If you do receive the item, it turns out to be fake & even used, nothing like the advertisement.  And in order to return the fake item, the cost to do so requires both insurance & tracking so that it costs you more to return the item than what it's original cost was.  Plus, the return address is some obscure address in China which doesn't exist.  PayPal is letting its members down, especially the buyers.  PayPal needs to investigate & verify foreign sellers, especially those who don't disclose where the item is being shipped from.  PayPal is hurting a lot of the buyers by not guaranteeing refunds like they claim.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @charliebrowntx. I am sorry that you have to deal with this multiple times. In that case I would suggest you change the dispute reason from item  not received to significantly not as described dispute reason. Aslo attach the correspondence you had wirh the seller to support the case.

Stay safe and healthy. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.