New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Do not purchase any items from this company. Same complaint as other who have posted comments. Normally I would have purchased this item in a store but with COVID-19 elected to order online. I did receive an item from the company but definitely not the item ordered. The package provided no documentation describing the item or how to return it. Contacted the e-mail address provided but no response. Complained to PayPal. Was offered less than half the value of the order - the item I received was not worth the value of the unpaid amount and of absolutely no use to me so I elected to return the item. Big mistake on my part! PayPal has declined my complaint due to the method used in returning the item. The directions I received did not provide a specific shipping method. I immediately followed up with PayPal providing receipts from the postal service. I'm disappointed in PayPal as I haven't received an acknowledgement of my email. Based on the number of complaints, I'm surprised PayPal hasn't flagged this company for its clients.
If you win a paypal dispute then normally paypal tells you to provide a tracking number to get your refund.
Paypal would not be able to check every seller / merchant in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.
They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.
So I guess its best that they do stick to one name as more buyers would avoid using them as that bad company name spreads.
The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
Agree kernowlass. Definitely a lesson...and I know better!! I think I'm suffering from Covid brain freeze! Fortunately it wasn't for a large sum. My only complaint with PayPal is that I wish I'd been contacted prior to final decision as I have the receipts to prove I shipped the item.