Tom Pan is a fraud

TomPanfraud
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a wig from Linli Co. The shipping label is from Tom Pan. Evidently there is no such entity as Tom Pan in City of Industry CA. They are a cover for products shipped from China.  Linli has so far refused to honor their 100% Money Back Guarantee. They will probably try to make me ship the item back to China in order to get my refund.  That will cost half of the cost of the wig.

I expected a better response from Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomPanfraud 

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomPanfraud 

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TomPanfraud
Contributor
Contributor

Evidently PayPal knows all about this.  I thought this was a reputable company that played by U.S. rules and norms.  I will never buy anything online that requires a payment through PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

Cindy-liu
So far 2 months already , I still not received my order form them , can I get refund ?
Login to Me Too

mlilja
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this is fraud, and has been going on for months that I can see, so I don't understand why paypal lets this continue to happen with this bogus Tom Pan, it is a front.  I got ripped off, ordered $62.00 of merchandise, that I did not know was coming from China.  File a dispute with paypal u will not get your money back from seller, they did not answer the bogus email, the will offer u a small refund to keep the garbage clothes, don't take it, continue filing a dispute with paypal, paypal had to refunds your money.  After having to spend $23.50 0n return postage back to China, paypal is refuding my $62. but Im out $23,50 for shipping the crap back, well see if I get the merchandise back, because its might be bogus China address, because it happened before to me, but not anymore.  So buyer beware, do not buy from FB ads, most are bogus.  Amazon, Brad Deals & Groupon from now on!!! good luck getting your money back!

Login to Me Too

TomPanfraud
Contributor
Contributor

That is exactly what happened to me.  However, I have not returned the item to China and insisted Linli give me a real address in California. So far PayPal has not said they will refund my purchase price.

Since I refused to incur shipping costs to China I suspect PayPal won't do the refund.

I am disgusted with Linli Co and PapPal.

Login to Me Too

RoxiRulz
Same here I ordered from linl I 68.75 worth of cheap costume wigs. I spent $27.75 to return the wigs to the address on the label only to find out I needed to send to another address. Now I'm out $95. I will never use PayPal again. I didn't know the wigs came China. My account is backed by my credit card but this purchase there was enough cash in the account so paypal is the only way I could dispute. Why do they allow this. Linl I offered to settle the dispute for 15% which was $13. I said no way. This company and PayPal are both frauds
Login to Me Too

RoxiRulz
Linl I is a a scam do not purchase anything from them.
Login to Me Too

TomPanfraud
Contributor
Contributor

Evidently PayPal is all pay and no pal.

Linli Co is perpretrating a well-documented fraud:

You order an item on line and have no idea that it is a Chinese company

The item they ship is a piece of cheap junk that is nothing like the pic

The shipper on the label looks like a US company but it is a fake

They offer you a ridiculous amount of refund so you will go away

You refuse the offer and they give you a return address in China

You can get the refund but are out half of what you paid in postage!!!

Login to Me Too

RoxiRulz
I returned to the address on the shipping label only to find out I was supposed to ship to a different location in China Now I'm out $68.75 + $27.75 shipping
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.