To get a refund I have to spend all most as much as it cost to return to a scam company

EnugmaPrime
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a waterproof drone from Hearttell US Limited, for #109.90

Heres the drone ...

https://hearttellus.com/collections/top-selling/products/free-shipping-wifi-drone-splash-auto-with-1...

Heres what I got

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm9400b.html

Completely different right...

But I am not the only one to get the wrong drone, several other customers have made complaints on their FB page as well oas a few who have received no drones.

Like me they were scammed.

But what adds insut to injury , Paypal said to get a refund I must send the item back.

That will cost me $60 or more.

I used to think Paypal looked after its customers.

Hearttell US Limited sent me the wrong item

They should pay for their own mistake not me.

I spoke with a couple of the other buyers via FB & they say Paypal knows this is a scam company, but as long as they get payed they let it sdlid.

Im done with Paypal

Will never use them again.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EnugmaPrime

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EnugmaPrime
Contributor
Contributor

I just chatted with a couple of other user via FB who purchased the same product & got the exact same item I did, one got nothing at all, they also asked for a refund from paypal but got the exact same response from Paypal, return item for refund.

Many other users have voiced the same stories, they got scammed.

This tells me that Paypal know this is a Fraudulent company yet still do business with them and put the cost of returns on the buyer.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hearttellus/community/?ref=page_internal

Again, I'm done with purchasing anything with paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EnugmaPrime

Or read my post above and realise that .............

a. You need to read up on buyer protection, see what coverage you get and then you can risk assess your transactions.

b. Return the item and if you have activated paypals 'return shipping on us' you will get up to $30 reimbursed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vikingflyer
Contributor
Contributor
I am at my wit's end with this scam company. They offered a 60% refund if we would close the dispute with PayPal which was a flagrant lie. Of course PayPal closed and refused to reopen the dispute so I disputed the charge with my credit card company .Now they are saying I need to return the Drone to get my refund. But Hearttell won't tell me where to send it. Sadly, the credit card company and PayPal are having a problem understanding that these people are flat out criminals.
Login to Me Too

Vikingflyer
Contributor
Contributor
Did you end up returning it and what was the outcome?
Login to Me Too

10schica
Contributor
Contributor
This feature should be a PayPal deafault setting. I find out about after making my first Paypal claim ever in 10 years. Not a happy PayPal customer now 😡
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@10schica

Well sorry about that, but before I started buying using Paypal I read the small section on buyer protection.

Then before I started selling I read the small section on seller protection.

Paypal is not really responsible if you don't bother.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

10schica
Contributor
Contributor
Funny you would mention that. I read all the tabs shown but the only time the Ship on Us feature showed up is when I did a search after the fact since I was so surprised about the very limited refund. Not a mind reader to know about this little gem of information. The design of the information sequence is not adequate.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@10schica

Well the 'return shipping on us' option is listed on my paypal account and i activated it when i saw it.

In fact its still there, I click on offers and the pay after delivery option AND return shipping on us + other options are listed.

Varies according to country as to the place but its always there if available in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.