Tickets scammed

mhb4909uk
Contributor
Contributor

I talked with PayPal customer service as on Thursday (15/11/2018) I was scammed by a person. I posted on Facebook I was looking for two tickets for a concert and a person replied to my post telling me she was selling two tickets. We started to talk in private on Facebook messenger. First, she asked me for 50 pounds each but finally we agreed on 40 pounds each (80 pounds for both). I asked her if I could pay with PayPal as I did not trust a person from the internet and she told me yes, but if I could send the money through a friend and family transaction (which is not payment protected) and after that she would send the tickets by post to my address. Anyway, even though she told me if I could send the money as a "friend and family"payment, I paid it as a "goods and services" payment, so my payment would be protected by PayPal. After sending the money, the person disappeared for some time, he/she did not replied, finally she told me she was busy. She tried again to convince me to make the transaction by Transferwise (again, non-refundable), it was very suspicious). After that, she disappeared again. A scam alarm (Facebook profile) told me she was a scammer (I sent all the screenshots to PayPal) and I opened a dispute on PayPal to cancel the transaction so I would not lose my money. Friday morning I tried to contact her even making calls, she told me I am crazy, **bleep**, son of **bleep**. I advised her another person had told me on Facebook she was a scammer. Then, she tried to discover which person, even telling me if I told her who she would refund my money (so clearly it is a scammer). Finally, she blocked me on Facebook messenger. In the opened case, she replied she has sent the tickets giving a fake tracking number. We started to talk and I made the transaction yesterday (15/11/2018) and on the tracking number you can see the supposed parcel could not be delivered on 14th of November and it was sent on the 12th of November. It is clear that she used a fake tracking number. The payment was made for goods and services. Even though I sent all the evidence I have, including a crime reference number, I'm still worried about this. Does anyone have any previous experience of something similar? As the funds are held by PayPal, do you think I will be able to get the money back? Thanks

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

jonasfeles
New Community Member

how did it end?

I have the same problem, bought fake tickets in the FB event of a sold out show.

Login to Me Too

Darkkan
Contributor
Contributor
This literally just happened to me. Sold out show. Nice looking lady with her baby in her profile selling tickets. I sent the money thru PayPal and she immediately blocked me/disappeared. I filed a dispute, but who knows how it will turn out 😒😡
Login to Me Too

Miked281
New Community Member
What was her name? I’m discussing buying tickets right now with a similar profile but can’t confirm she is legit.
Login to Me Too

Darkkan
Contributor
Contributor

***Removed*** Don’t buy from her 😡

Login to Me Too

kangeles13
Contributor
Contributor
This literally happened to me, same description as the girl who scammed me
Login to Me Too

potdog1823
Her name is Stacey, holding a baby in the profile pic. Just got me too. Has anyone managed to get their money back? I sent it via the payment for services option.
Login to Me Too

ressaw
Contributor
Contributor
Updates?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.