Ticketmaster Charging me through Paypal

fggdsaaaa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

My question is this, does Ticketmaster send invoices through Paypal for money I owe them? Is it legit?? 

I had bought tickets through Ticketmaster, then I listed them for sale and sold through Ticketmaster. However, recently due to the pandemic, the concert was postponed. The person who purchased the tickets requested a refund and instead of charging the Debit card I entered on my account, they sent my Paypal account an invoice. 

Has this happened to anyone else? I just want to make sure I pay them correctly...

Thank you!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

andrewr50
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me but I was also wondering if it was legit, or some paypal scam because I’ve heard there’s alot of those out there. I haven't paid the invoice, was planning to contact TM to find out more.
Login to Me Too

fggdsaaaa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I did reach out to TM to double check and they confirmed the invoice was from them 🙂
Login to Me Too

elverums
Contributor
Contributor

I also  believe this is a scam and I am not paying mine either. I have actually received three with the subject: "Final Notice - Prompt Action Required: Past Due Invoice for Tickets Sold on Ticketmaster", so they are definitely persistent.

I am wondering how they know so much information about what tickets I sold on Ticketmaster. It seems Ticketmaster may need to beef up their data privacy and protection processes.

Login to Me Too

elverums
Contributor
Contributor

I also contacted Ticketmaster and here was the response I received:

elverums_0-1620576928655.png

So, if Ticketmaster is saying I do not owe anything then this has got to be a scam. I will not be paying anything and suggest you do the same.

Login to Me Too

andrewr50
Contributor
Contributor
But are they saying that you don’t owe anything because you never received the money from selling your tickets in the first place? In my case I sold a couple tickets, received payment from Ticketmaster, the event was postponed for over a year, so the buyer of my tickets had the choice to cancel or keep the tickets for the new date. Once they decided to cancel, that sale was voided and now I am responsible for paying that money back to Ticketmaster and the tickets will be added back to my account, then i will have the option to sell them again to a new buyer. It must be in the fine print somewhere that when you sell tickets and the event is cancelled, the buyer has the option to request a refund from you as the seller. I called a customer service agent at Ticketmaster and this is the process they explained to me and they also told me that the paypal invoice is legit, and that i need to pay it to have the tickets credited back to my account. I do find it strange that they are doing this process of collecting the money from sellers through paypal and not just charging your credit card on file. Also since i am sure this is a common issue over the past year due to the pandemic, you would think there would be some clear explanation of this process on Ticketmaster’s website, telling people that if they receive an emailed invoice from PayPal that it is not a scam etc. Hopefully they will add a proper explanation soon, to avoid all of this confusion.
Login to Me Too

fggdsaaaa
Contributor
Contributor

HI @andrewr50

That's exactly what happened with me, I reached out to them in the chat and they confirmed the invoice # was theirs and I needed to pay through Paypal. I paid the invoice and also received my tickets back into my account again. 

I agree with you 100% though! It should've been communicated MUCH better what their process for charging people for refunded sold tickets! It would have saved so much of my time! I had to contact them at least 5 times just to sort out this issue. First to confirm how I should pay, then again to update my credit card because TM site had an issue. Then I received this invoice from Paypal, and it seemed like such a scam, and I couldn't find any information anywhere about it! I had to contact them again about the legitimacy of the invoice and since I didn't receive my tickets into my account within the 10 business days they said it would take, I had to contact them AGAIN. For me, the issue was finally resolved... Good luck to everyone going through this!! 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.