Thomas cook holiday

andyamsmith
New Community Member

I paid for my thomas cook holiday last week using paypal and paid through my debit card can i claim back through paypal now they have gone out of business

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @andyamsmith,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with the holiday that you purchased. There's a website set up for instructions regarding how to seek a refund. Please check there for more information.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Chez_
New Community Member
Same, I also have an even bigger issue. I have lost the email with my booking reference so I'm hoping I can claim my refund through PayPal also.
Login to Me Too

Trc16
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute with Paypal to get my money refunded for Thomas Cook flights which were 5 days after they went under. We purchased them through a third party and have been advised by PayPal they have dismissed my claim. Why do we use PayPal if we are not protected when things go wrong like this. Wish I had used a credit or debit card to pay instead at least I would get a refund from them. Have tried to contact them through message to day and have been advised I will receive a reply in 647 hours!

Not happy with PayPal will think twice about using PayPal for large purchases in the future and will also think twice about using message when they say they will reply in one hour.

Login to Me Too

rhadook9
Contributor
Contributor

hello there ! i'm in the same boat. do you have any news ? i have bought the tickets through an agency and i had paid the tickets through paypal. no atol protected no insurance no nada. what can i do ? i have tried to get the money from the bank but it seems like it's a dead end. do you have some news ? thanks ! 

Login to Me Too

Trc16
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

paypal have rejected my dispute and refused to give me a refund. I am disgusted with them as there policy means nothing so won’t be using them again for this type of pircahse.

Login to Me Too

rhadook9
Contributor
Contributor

and what are you gong to do next ?  if you have some ideas please let me know. thank you ! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.