This is my last attempt to see about resolving this by willing to work it out.

Jeff0813
Contributor
Contributor
So, 7 months ago my unemployment loaded on my PayPal. If was an account that was open and used. My deposit was for more than 10k and PayPal locked the account. To make this story as brief as possible, I asked them to give me a date I would get my money. They responded with Feb 17. So when they have me that date I accepted it and the next time they heard from me was on that day. To my surprise they are still holding my money and have yet to give me a reason. I have over 4 hours of recorded calls with them knowing and being okay with me doing so and on each call they tell me something different. On one call they blatantly said to me "we lied to you sir". Now I have already got the BBB involved but I guess I will ask the community if they have any suggestions as a last attempt to be cordial. It has been very difficult surviving these last 7 months and honestly I'm at my wit's end with PayPal. They said I can never have an account with them which is great, I would never do business with a company like PayPal now knowing how their customer service is. One time I was actually able to speak with a manager and they she told me that she was just going to send the money back to the state. I said great, then proceeded to advise get to expedite that back so I can get my money. She then tells me that they haven't heard back from the state yet. Well duh, I really can't believe that PayPal thinks that people are all stupid. I'm sorry if you don't understand why I said that. But, if anyone can suggest some kind of alternative, I definitely would be willing to listen otherwise with what the BBB finds out in the next few days because they have till the 24th to respond to them, I honestly feel that suing PayPal is my only option. I have an abundance of evidence against them, and like I said I have lost so much because of them that after this attempt there will be absolutely no working **bleep** out with me. I won't even humor listening to a thing they say. Court will be my only option. I've spoke to one attorney and he said I have a strong case. I've just been hoping to resolve this peacefully.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JHart98
Contributor
Contributor
Sounds like you're going to have to settle it in court unless you have friends in high places with PayPal. I'm confused on how your funds would be witheld longer than the 72 hour security review. Did you submit all documents during the review process?
Login to Me Too

Jeff0813
Contributor
Contributor

yes i have submitted everything they have asked which wasn't much. they refuse to tell me what the reason is that they are holding it. even the BBB is asking that. its really put me into a bind during these last 7 months. i could understand with the amount of fraud that was going on with the PUA but this is my rightfully earned money that i worked. they haven't even tried to ask me any questions at all pertaining to holding my funds. like i said every time i call i get a whole new story. the latest story was "were not holding your funds, you have to add your bank account and then i show you can transfer your funds. so with them on the phone i tried to add my account through Plaid and at everything was going fine, it asked me which account, i chose and then there was a problem on their end. so the guy tells me that he needs to submit a request to special circumstances, if that is even a real department,  and for me to wait 72 hours and everything will be fine. yeah i gave them the 72 hours and then some. same results. they honestly dont care what they say to customers. if i spoke the way they do to customers i would be fired and probably never work in my field again. and they are getting away with it which straight baffles me. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.