This is crazy!

jlm12345
New Community Member

I placed an order for a Interactive bear and paid through Paypal and a different order for a necklace with moving clouds inside. One was $38 dollars (bear) And the necklace was $22. Well when they arrived the bear was NOTHING but a stuffed bear the is NOT Interactive and the necklace is a cheap piece of plastic that does not move at all! I put in a complaint with the companies and no response. I put in a complaint with Paypal and opened up 2 disputes in the resolution center. It has been 3 months today and everytime I go to look at where the disputes are at Paypal has done moved the resolve date up! Now it is set to be resolved on Sept.1st. But when tomorrow comes it will be sept.2nd and so on..... I thought we was supposed to have some sort of protection when using paypal? I keep sending chat messages to Paypal and a few times was told that Paypal was waiting for the company to send an address so I can send the items back ,Which is fine with me. But I think they are just putting me off! I Spend ALOT of money through Paypal and this is Unacceptable! What is yall's suggestion? The Better Business Bureau? I also sent pictures and even a Video of the Junk I recieved. I don't want to let these scammers get away with this!! When this is all over i am leaving Paypal!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, leaving PP is a good idea. But there are things you can do to help curtail the scams. Report them at ic3.gov (ic3 dot gov), BBB, your local & state authorities (folks have mentioned local police, state attorney general, etc).

I don't recommend sending anything back (PP requires seller confirmation of returned item, would scammer cooperate?). Like throwing good money after bad.

If you are patient, try reaching customer service (again, if you laready tried) in message center. The only chance seems to convince an agent to appeal and make exception to item return protocol.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.