Think Got scammed on Facebook Market. Will PayPal side with seller? What to do?

cyrus100
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, 

I never buy from Facebook Market but found a rare item and ordered it a few days ago. The seller returned my money 2 times because their account was holding  the money. I thought they were new and didn't think much of it. Finally, they managed to get their account sorted out and sent me an invoice, which I paid immediately. The seller was very friendly and responsive. Then my problems started. When I asked for a shipping tracking #, they kept making excuses. They told me their wife was pregnant, had doctor appointment, had car breakdown, at that point I realized something was up. Finally, they uploaded a tracking # to PayPal 2 nights ago.  I live in Philly, my PayPal account is also linked to my address. The tracking # is about a shipment that was delivered to MN on the same day I ordered. It was shipped a week before. 

So I opened a claim with PayPal, and the seller all of a sudden started disputing, saying they had done their duty and shipped it, and I WAS the scammer. After giving me the runaround for days to give me a simple tracking # and then providing a fake tracking #, they now claim they shipped. What are my options at this point? I trusted this guy and bought his emotional story about a new baby coming and his wife being in pain. Now I am out $375. And I have read online that PayPal might side with them because it is automated and if they see "delivered," they might side with with them. Here is the tracking # they gave me. I don't even care sharing it because it is obviously fake or reused to scam me. What are my options at this point? 

<removed>

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.