They will not let me pick up my item unless i show the the credit card linked to paypal account

ricky006
New Community Member

So i have bought a computer monitor online and used paypal to pay for it . I choose the pick up item from shop myself as the delivery option. but they will not let me have the item unless i show them the credit card linked to the paypal account and also it has to be the credit card holder who can be the only one to take the item from the shop ?

here is a snip from the email they send after i pay for the goods and the item is ready for pick up 

Please call into our shop at your earliest convenience and ask for your order at the collection point. We cannot release your order unless you bring:

1. The card used for payment. (Orders can only be given to the authorised cardholder
   and no-one else can sign for them on your behalf)
2. A current form of ID which states your name and cardholder address.
3. A printed copy of this email, if you don't have a printer just make a note of the invoice number or show us the email on your smartphone.

Failure to follow the above points will lead to delays and may prevent your order being released.

Please note that a copy of your invoice including product serial numbers has been included and we’d ask that you verify these upon receipt. Any discrepancies or damage must be reported within 48 hours from the point of receipt by logging a query through our online Customer Support page.

please advise , as i am not the credit card holder. my mother does not like using her credit card online , as that is the reason we use paypal ?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.