They are dragging their feet

Theylie1
New Community Member

My account was hacked last week. Unknown persons transfered monies from my bank to my Paypal account. I caught it as soon as it happened and reported it. PAypal placed a security hold on my account until I could transfer the money back to my bank. All weel and good, but now I want to remove the possibility of that happening again so I want to cancel my Paypal account. followed the steps required; no luck. Received the message that my account couldn't be closed sue to a linked PP credit account. I closed the PP credit account. Attempted to close my PP account again. I was advised that the PP Credit account was still open. I forwarded the text I received from PP Credit advising me that my account was closed with a confirmation number. Still PP would not close my account. Made another attempt. This time I was advised that there was a card linked to my PP Credit account that needed to be removed. I contacted PP Credit again. They advised that there was no reason on their end that my account could not be closed. My account was closed, there was no outstanding balance, nor was there any card attached to my account in any way. Attempted to close my PP account again. Same result. I need to talk to someone at PP, but that is a vain hope. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.