There's a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access?

CharlieHerr1995
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings!

So I'm a regular PayPal user and tonight upon logging into my account I received a notification: "There's a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access."

I checked the resolution center and there is nothing in there for me. I've clicked "Resolve Account Issue" but all it does is refresh the page. I've also checked my email to see if I'd received something informing me of the issue, but there is no email regarding it.

What is the next step? It seems I'm not being told much other than to "resolve the problem", which in fact does not help me much.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You may want to contact customer service to be on the safe side.  Click "Help" at the top menu and on the next page, scroll down and click "Contact Us". Users here do not have access to your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CharlieHerr1995
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted live chat support online, apparently my account has been restricted due to "security concerns." They want me to upload documents to regain full access to the account. They want: Fax photo ID, Fax proof of Address and proof of SSN. I find this a bit odd as I've used PayPal for years and they've never asked for anything after linking PayPal to my bank.

I don't have access to a fax machine at all. I'm also confused about where to upload these photos as I wasn't really explained how or where to do it. Can I use my cell phone to take pictures? As you can imagine I'm quite frustrated, especially after I get a notification of a problem, but there is no info about it at anywhere.

Thanks for any replies!

Login to Me Too

ang2818
New Community Member

Bye bye paypal. Thats absolutely unacceptable.  They aren't a bank they are payment processor.  I have this error but have suffered no restrictions yet.  The second I do you can be sure of this @paypal . Buh bye!  We live in a world where clowns get hacked all the time.  My goal in life is to reduce this footprint not increase it.  We have used PP for well over a decade and it will be somewhat sad to see you go but like all things.  Most people get too big for their britches.

Login to Me Too

lin37
New Community Member

I am unable to withdraw my money in my paypal account..please i need your help

Login to Me Too

littledudealert
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem.  I received this link to upload my documents.  Still waiting for a response to see if my uploads were received.  Hope this helps some of you!

www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc

Login to Me Too

peytonnash

Did this end up working? I did the same and have pestered PayPal repeatedly to no avail.

Login to Me Too

Tigger88
Contributor
Contributor

Seems to me Paypal maybe exceeding their remit

I am not happy to send anything of the nature being requested.

Paypal are not a bank or financial institution so I can see no reason they need this UNLESS I would be inclined to use their credit facility

They seem to do as they like with MY MONEY as it is

Roll on when Ebay have their own system in place - hopefully it will be a far better experience than Paypal has ever been for me

Login to Me Too

wup

It looks like this problem is still happening in year 2020.

I'm seeing the same issue. 

On paypal.com, when I click on the "Resolve Account Issue" button, it just refreshes the page and shows the same error:

• There’s a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access.

I messaged PayPal. They gave me a link https://www.paypal.com/policydashboard/process/compliance/cip that would allow me to upload documents. That link just tells me:

• We couldn't verify your info.
  • Please contact us for more help.

I looked around and every help page about uploading documents to verify your account tells me to go through the Resolution Center. However, in the Resolution Center, there is nothing that lets me upload documents.

On my phone app, when I click to resolve, it just tells me that I need to log in -- but I am already logged in!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.