The seller took the money which he voluntarily sent me for the defective goods that I bought

thedeniszh
Contributor
Contributor

June 9, I bought the goods from the seller lmq0717 on eBay. When I received the goods, it turned out that it was defective. I wanted to return the goods, but instead the seller offered to return part of the cost, namely 120 pounds. I gave my consent and the seller lmq0717 sent me 120 pounds to my Paypal.

On December 28, I received a letter from Paypal stating that this seller filed a complaint and wants to return his 120 pounds. He indicated that he did not receive the goods. But I never sold goods and did not receive money for the sale. I attached screenshots of correspondence with the seller and evidence that he himself offered to send me the money. But PayPal considered the case not in my direction and removed 120 pounds from me.

Could you help me please? It’s look like a scam, I don’t know what to do.

paypal.pngscreenshot.pngiteam.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thedeniszh 

You accepted a payment for goods/services and NOT a refund.

So paypal would see that payment as a sale of goods and the buyer can open a dispute.

If its still within 180 days then open a dispute for item received but not as described on YOUR transaction so that if he gets his money back you 'may' get it back again BUT paypal would probably ask you to return the item first. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.