The seller is not reachable (by E-mail or phone)

Trudilu
Contributor
Contributor

I was suspicious of my order and wanted to cancel it within an hour of the purchase; Paypal couldn't do it and I had to wait.  Now I'm having trouble contacting an agent on Paypal to help with this.  I did file a dispute, but don't know if it was for the right reason!  Whatever item may be sent (or not) I wouldn't accept it and will send it back; but I'm unable to reach the seller in anyway.  All I want is a refund and cancellation of this order.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trudilu 

Well that is NOT the advice that the moderators advise (they are senior to the call centre staff who often give incorrect advice).

Read this thread........

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Pictures/m-p/1778021#M52065

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trudilu 

Cancellations and refunds once you have paid are between you and the seller.

If they don't refund then you can file for non receipt of item if you do not get the item OR item received but not as described if it arrives and is not what was expected.

I wouldn't refuse delivery if you do that the seller will win any dispute for non receipt as tracking would show you refused it and if you won a dispute for not as described then you would have to provide paypal with a tracking number to prove you returned it to the seller and tracking numbers provided by a seller only apply until the item gets to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Trudilu
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, just managed to get someone on the phone when trying to do something - and did it wrong.

I explained the situation - and she fixed my dispute to 'not-received' after i told her about the situation.  And, that I was unable to reach the seller, etc.

She told me that when the package arrived - just NOT to accept it and then it would be sent back to the sender and I should receive a refund.

So, my dispute has already been changed to "not received my package"...so all I can is wait....

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trudilu 

Well that is NOT the advice that the moderators advise (they are senior to the call centre staff who often give incorrect advice).

Read this thread........

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Pictures/m-p/1778021#M52065

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.