The perfect scam

shelleysmith39
Contributor
Contributor
I'm learning that China and HongKong have finally figured out the perfect scam. They now can take our money and keep it..all they have to do is send some random piece of garbage that will net them a tracking number so that our claim of not receiving our order is false causing PayPal not to support our dispute. All paypal has to do is look at the weight associated with the tracking number. They will undoubtedly not match the article ordered. E.g...a skipping rope will not weigh as much as a bicycle. Or a surf board with 2 jets will weigh more than a piece of foam.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shelleysmith39 

Yeah, like sending seeds to random people near your address in order to get a tracking number. Have you seen that in the news?

You'll need to request a change of your claim to Significantly Not as Described. Item Not Receive claims is for when you do not receive anything and the seller has to provide tracking number to win the case.

Message PayPal to request the change if you do not see an option to change reason of your claim to Significantly Not As Described in the case itself:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal’s-decision-on-my-claim-faq2050

You also have the option to dispute through your card issuer if you paid with credit card as per section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BARNYDOG
New Community Member

Yes , I just had same issue, bought 4 items from china /hongkong companies on facebook adds, all were tool kit/ powertools that appeared to be a great deal , each was about $30.00 after waiting over a month I recieved 3 diff.  small pkgs.  , 1 pair $1.00 sunglasses, 1 rubber bag, and 1 small plastic box about the size of a deck of cards, So  after filing disputes with paypal  , long story short ,they decided, against me, because when I went to post office to return items I was told I would have to fill out customs forms and would cost me about $20.00 to return , Clearly not worth it to return a $1.00 item and pay $20.00 postage to recover $29.90

Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

if paypal didnt help you just do a c hargeback over your credit card or sepa direct debit, depends what you have linked to your paypal.

Login to Me Too

Dblakem1
New Community Member

Me too. Laser engraver ordered. Small card send with tracking number.....

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.