The VANGO GROUP SCAM SCAM SCAM, FRAUDSTERS, FRAUDSTERS, FRAUDSTERS

reg388
Contributor
Contributor

First off the VANGO GROUP SCAM, is nothing short of FRAUDSTERS. I also paid $65.98 us dollars to them for Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper 40 Count Family Mega Rolls, 20 count Free Shipping. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
After you wait for an eternity, they will offer you $5 or $6 to settle. If you choose not to settle, they will wait a few days or weeks and offer you full refund IF you return the product. Strike one against you is the return address they give you is invalid in this country, and strike two is if you were to be able to return it, the postage costs as much, or more than you paid. But, be mad at Facebook, also, because they keep running these scam ads.
Login to Me Too

GRPilot
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. The real problem is PayPal. Yesterday (6/7/20) a representative informed me he had checked and the Vango Group has no negative reports with PayPal. I questioned the truthfulness of this statement and was told a supervisor would contact me within 48 to 72 hours.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526BQ
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same things have happened to me. The products are fraud and believing Paypal as a secure payment method was robbed by different fraud companies. I think we must request PayPal (a good payment method) that they must research and then allow any company to e registered with Paypal. otherwise, PayPal would be losing it credibility 

Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has already lost credibility with over 300 of us ! Offering barely 10% of our loss to make us go away. Then if we don’t take it, they offer full refund IF WE RETURN PRODUCT TO A FICTITIOUS COMPANY with UNUSABLE RETURN ADDRESS. Just this week, while I tried to explain to PayPal that the return address they furnished was useless, they happily said my claim was dismissed for not providing tracking information where I had returned the product !! Yes, I’d say they’ve already lost credibility 😢😡
Login to Me Too

GRPilot
Contributor
Contributor

I have been in discussion with PayPal customer service about the Vango Group bait and switch scam. It is unbelievable the responses I get from PayPal.

The most incredible one is when customer service agent named Tim said a check revealed that no one complained about the Vango Group. Next there was another customer service agent named Allen who stated he was a supervisor later I was informed he was not a supervisor. Next I was told that the deadline for responding to an offered solution would be extended because a real supervisor would contact me. Well this morning I received an email that my complaint was closed since I didn't send in a tracking number. I am still waiting for a supervisor to contact me. PayPal does not care about us. If they did they would have stopped sending the Vango Group our money and they would have tried to reverse the charges. 😠 😠 😠

Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
Almost my exact history on this deal. They closed my claim for the same reason, while I was trying to explain that there was no legit address to return it to. Return label they give you is invalid ?!? I quote a fellow screwie “It is fairly clear that Paypal is not only making money of these type of scams, but most likely are actually running these scams and using these bougas companies as front to mast their involvement. If you look at Paypals Buy Protection and refund policies, alone with their Seller Protection and the fees associated with using PayPal as a seller, you can clearly see how Paypal is using this and other scams as a revenue generating vehicle that is bilting untold millions from their customers that their online commerce business is setup to protect. 
Login to Me Too

GRPilot
Contributor
Contributor

The idea is a good one, but you are assuming that PayPal really cares about us and also that they somehow aren't benefiting from this scam. My dealings with PayPal on this particular matter has raised a number of questions that can't be explained by them being totally incompetent.  

Login to Me Too

GRPilot
Contributor
Contributor

I received a return address from PayPal. I went to the Post Office and was informed that it would cost $72.25 in postage to return the product. The clerk also stated that the item probably would not be delivered because the address appears to be in the wrong format. Also on 6/07/20 I spoke to a PalPay representative and he informed me that they never received any complaints about the Vango Group. Unbelievable !!! A PayPal supervisor is supposed to contact me within 48 to 72 hours.

Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
IF they contact you, lol, refer them to their own community posts. I know that has been done before, but let them plead ignorance of the facts. And, your label and costs are exactly like all the rest of us. Good luck 💕
Login to Me Too

MartaPontillo
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal denied my claim against Vango Group. Said the merchant said they sent the merchandise. Simple as that.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.