The Transaction from Hell

dmarsolek
Contributor
Contributor

In August 2018, I purchased three dresses on a FB ad from a company named Lukalula for a total of $92.97.  A fter a month, I still had not received them, so I messaged the company to cancel the order. They said I could not cancel as the dresses had been shipped.  They finally arrived from China in November.  The dresses I received were NOT the same ones pictured in their ad.  I contacted Paypal and asked for help.  Paypal told me that I needed to ship the dresses back to China.     I told the PP rep that I have tried to return something to China before and that the post office can not track it to the receiver and that I verified this with the US Customs office.  I also told them that the shipping was in excess of $50.  The rep clearly informed me that all I had to do was "show that it arrived at a U.S. shipping port such as New Orleans".  Those were his EXACT words.  He also told me that Paypal has a policy to reimburse customers up to $30 for shipping costs and that he would put that on the record.

I paid the shipping cost of $58.30, sent them back waited.  After a couple weeks, I contacted Paypal again and was told the dresses had to actually be shown as "received" by the seller, which is NOT what I was told.   I contacted the post office and was told that the dresses were at the Ghuanzhou Customs office and that the seller needed to call them at phone number <removed> in order to claim the package. 

I have emailed the seller twice, emailed Paypal twice and send the seller a message on FB Messenger.   And have received exactly zero replies.

The 180 days to resolve will come to an end next week.  I have 20 pieces of paper documentation for all of this including numerous reviews on this company saying that they sell counterfeit items.  I tried opening a dispute again and the screen keeps saying  "Look's like something went wrong on our end. Let's try that again."  And again, and again...   The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.   iPaypal will not help me and I am at my wit's end.   Has anyone else gone through this?    This seller owes me $92.97 and Paypal owes me $30 .   

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SteffanieB
New Community Member
Currently going through dispute with Lukalulu!! Total scam, they need to be stopped, I am out almost $200
Login to Me Too

dmarsolek
Contributor
Contributor

Be persistent.  It took eight contacts with FB and four with this seller.

the ones that worked were the FB PMs I sent to Lukalula. 

I finally got a couple replies.

Screen captured the one she sent me that said that since it had been over six months (it had not!) they would contact PP and have PP refund me.

i forwarded that to PP and they refunded me, but not the $58.30 I spent shipping them back.

i called PP again, got transferred around and finally got to someone who would listen.

Did you know PP will refund excessive shipping up to 12 times a year?

The last PP employee I spoke with was very helpful, competent and sincere.

He renewed my faith that good wins out over evil and redeemed PP a little bit for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.