The Resolution process ... is SLOW and INFLEXIBLE

EVERCLEAR1
New Community Member

Paypal claim to protect buyers.

I paid for a product that never arrived, did my own research and found out the seller's website was a sham and the email address returned an "unable to deliver", email address does not exist type response. This took a few days.

After lodging complaint with Paypal with the info, it is now 2 weeks later and they still have status as "resolving" with an end date another 2 weeks away. I have received no communication from Paypal.

Surely in cases where it is abundantly obvious that a Paypal client has been ripped off they could expedite their processes?? This is not a dispute between buyer and seller, the seller doesn't exist to contact. Why can't Paypal speed things up and refund my money?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

I had something similar but they got back after like 2 days but still sided with the seller cause they gave them tracking info. Despite me telling paypal I never received any goods, that account isn't in my possession, I contacted the seller they never responded to me and they would not matter what still pick the scammer/fraudsters side. High chance even after they resolve it you are the loser of the case. Unless you used card or bank and try through them to get your refund you are stuck.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EVERCLEAR1 

did you file a dispute for non receipt of item?

did you escalate to a claim?

is it still awaiting review?

If so then.......

Paypal it appears are inundated with claims mainly from buyers that bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads !
So all claims are being pushed back unfortunately.

As long as yours has been escalated from a dispute to a claim, and is still being reviewed then you have the chance of a refund.
Sadly you will have to wait it out in the long queue though.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.