The 180 day hold is over, and PayPal still hasn't released my funds!

lafayettediscdo
Contributor
Contributor

In July and August of 2018, PayPal told me they were holding my funds for 180 days. I wasn't happy with this at all, but I felt I had no choice but to wait. It has now been 196 days and I still have not been able to withdraw my money! I contacted PayPal on the phone today with no success, and I have not received a response to my emails. I'm a poor college student and that money would really help me right now.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lafayettediscdo 

You say you phoned customer services with no success, however you didn't say what they said to you??

Because if customer services can't help you then not a lot we can advise really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lafayettediscdo
Contributor
Contributor

They told me they could not help me with this issue over the phone, and I would have to communicate with them via email. No actual solutions were offered.

Login to Me Too

thecopywriter
New Community Member

Seems they are just playing game.

My account was limited in June 2019 without any notice and they too 4,700 AUD. On 1st February I have been sending them emails to webform@paypal along with messages on the message board informing them that 180 limitation is over and they should release my funds. I have send over 6 emails in two weeks and I am yet to receive any response.

Do you think they just took our money? Is what they are doing actually legal?

Please advise.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello thecopywriter,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.