Just had a text saying my account is under review. Is this a scam

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Martz125

If its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email link to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/phishing
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-would-i-spot-fake-emails-faq2340

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Martz125
This is what the text says Your account is currently under review. Please complete the security form to avoid restrictions. pay-pal.supportuk.net
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Martz125

Did you read my post and the links?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Martz125
Yeah I did. I haven't open the links as I never get text messages from PayPal to be honest
Login to Me Too

RobH3
Contributor
Contributor

I've just recieved the same message.

Text was from PPALERTS (i could not find a number). It was directing me to pay-pal.supportuk.net 

Text like the OP said says "Your account is currently under review . Please complete security form to avoid restrictions.

I thought i'd leave this info for security teams.

Login to Me Too

Martz125
Ok no worries I didn't do anything with it. I logged in on my app and everything is ok.
Login to Me Too

Alibali
Contributor
Contributor
Should I delete the text msg from PPAlerts saying my account is under review and to complete the form on the link? I have not clicked the link.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.