Terrible service, stuck on what to do

Anil17
Contributor
Contributor
I have had a PayPal account for over 5 years. Unfortunately I went to prison recently and came out and have been trying to rebuild my life. I called PayPal over a month ago stating I had funds in my account in excess of £5,000 which I wished to withdraw after the 180 day time frame. I explained if I cannot withdraw them that’s fine I just want to be able to spend them so I can buy what I wished to purchase. PayPal then explained I could do a balance transfer to a new account in my name. I explained to PayPal I could provide them with a birth certificate, address proof and letter of authorisation to be able to move the funds from my old account to my new account. I have rang back around 13 times now and each time I call I have to wait 45 minutes in the queue. everytime I speak to an advisor I receive the exact same scripted response which is ‘we apologise but we can’t help you’. I have constantly asked to speak to someone with higher power and I have don’t exactly as PayPal have asked. I have responded to every message promptly yet it has been over two weeks I have not heard a word from them. I am sick of ringing over and over for money that is rightfully mine. How should I proceed ?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anil17 

Or contact via social media until someone responds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter: @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Anil17
Contributor
Contributor
This doesn’t really help as its just delaying me even more. Can anyone here help me ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anil17 

This is a community forum and not customer services, so for account issues all we can advise is to contact customer services as per above.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.