Terrible service from PayPal

Gerhardtm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I am at my wits end with the service I'm getting from PayPal. I've made a purchase on a retailer's website last week Friday using PayPal. I made the payment as 'n guest, in other words anonymously.

The next day I was informed by the merchant that PayPal has blocked the payment.

I spent an hour on the phone with PayPal yesterday (of which I've been put on hold for 20 minutes) trying to find out why the payment
is being blocked only to be informed that a limitation has been placed on my account with no clear explanation why.

I've been asked to upload a copy of my bank statement, a copy of my utilities bill as well as a copy of my ID, all of which I've done, only
to receive an email this morning stating that PayPal cannot assist me until I upload the requested documents.

In the meantime, PayPal has the audacity to deduct the funds from my credit card account only to refuse finalizing the transaction and paying
the retailer.

I have no idea what I should do now because when I log into my PayPal account, and try report a problem in the resolution center,
I only get re-directed to the Activity page where a message states "We didn’t find any payments. Want to try again with different dates?"

When I click on the Contact US link and then click on the Email Us link, I get a message stating "Sorry, we're unable to display this information. Please try again soon."

I would just like PayPal to reverse the transaction and at least pay me my money back but I see now way how I should go about achieving
this since literally nothing on the PayPal website seems to work correctly.

I'm in South Africa, so in order to make a call to the US in order to sort this out is costing me a fortune.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gerhardtm

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gerhardtm
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I contacted them via Facebook messenger. They still have not replied.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gerhardtm

Well at least give them a few days, it was never going to be instant unless you phoned them was it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gerhardtm
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Gerhardtm

Well at least give them a few days, it was never going to be instant unless you phoned them was it.

A few days? Is this the normal turnaround time on getting a response from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gerhardtm

'If' you get one at all then yes  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.