Temporary Limitation on my account.

PeterV1
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that PayPal has regressed greatly on providing an (in my opinion), important resource - customer support! Anyway, that's for another time and day.

It appears that a temporary limitation has been placed on my account. That's OK, they want me to provide information, sure I can do that.

However, the geniuses at PayPal has failed to think something out - NOT everyone has a photo ID, certainly not me so how can I prove that I'm really me if I don't have any photo ID?! Real smart move there PayPal.

(If there are anyone out who are considering moaning at me for not having a photo ID, don't blame me, my country doesn't have a legal obligation to get a photo ID so if you are looking for someone to blame, pin it on my Prime Minister, not me.)

I don't drive, I have never left my country. I'm what you might call a reclusive so no need for me to getting a photo ID. Plus, there isn't much options for me to seek help so here I am.

So, any ideas?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

These are the acceptable documents for account verification to remove the limitations according to the PayPal Help Center:

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:

• Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Permanent resident card

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Legal name change

• Marriage certificate
  • Certificate of divorce
  • Name change certificate
  • Certificate of commitment

Business Documents

• Articles of incorporation
  • Current business license
  • Any business documents/forms approved by and filed with the business's governing state

Ensure your document meets the following according to PayPal:

• is legible.
  • shows all four corners of the page.
  • does not have information blocked or blacked out.
  • matches the information on your PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

PeterV1
Contributor
Contributor
Not quite. In my first post, I quite clearly stated that I DON’T have any photo ID thus how can I upload photo ID if I don’t have any?! This means that I don’t have a driving license (don’t drive obviously) nor a passport (as aforementioned, I’m a reclusive). I don’t have any employment id card as I’m disabled. Finally, according to the British Government, I’m British born and bred therefore there is no need for a resident card. I’ll reiterate, how the heck am I supposed to provide photo ID if I don’t have any?! Simple question no?
Login to Me Too

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe you could upload a utility bill? (a utility bill with your name and address). If this doesn't work then you will have to contact PayPal through the Help Center. Click "Contact us" at the bottom when you are logged in and choose "Send a message" at the bottom of the website. 

PayPal phone customer service is currently not available due to the pandemic.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dtbecker 

If paypal have asked for PHOTO id then they want PHOTO i.d and none of the other options you suggested.

@PeterV1 

If you want to sort things out then you can easily get a citizen card...

https://www.citizencard.com/what-is-a-citizencard

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, then I guess he will have to use the Citizen Card option. I'm not in the UK so I'm not really familiar with their forms of ID. @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

PeterV1
Contributor
Contributor

No wonder PayPal has gone down the drain lately. It's not the same as it was 5 years ago!

I think I will have to seriously re-consider using PayPal. I realise it will leave me with less options to buying stuff online but it is what it is.

Rubbish from PayPal. Not surprisingly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.