Tax issue with seller

Vacu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

Need someone who has experienced this, bought a dress at jj house and was told the money l was paying will get the dress to my door step, dress got to my country, was told had to pay tax of over 100 dollars, paid as the seller had said will refund me. The dress was released by customs and only to find out that the measurements on the dress was not right and the dress did not fit. Returned the dress as they had said they will refund me completely, when the money got to me it was just the amount for the dress and they are saying l have to foot the tax fees myself. my question is is this right. l am paying tax of over 100 dollars for something l don't have. Anyone who can help or have experienced anything similar. they made the mistake and must pay the tax. was it a crime wanting to buy a dress from them and now l am being punished for it. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Vacu,

I'm very sorry to hear what happened with the merchant, that definitely sounds frustrating. If you paid the tax directly to them, I would advise filing a dispute against the payment. If it was paid directly to customs, you'll need to work with them regarding the refund, as it wouldn't have gone through PayPal. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I hope the refund is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.