Tax Payer Account Limitations

DrPuig
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, community. I hope you're all doing great.

Well I've been receiving a notification to update my US Tax payer condition. However I'm not from the US but the bank account (Citibank) that I have linked with my PayPal is from the US. I'm the account owner, and registered using an W8BEN form, since I'm not an US Individual. Is there a way that I can have PayPal verify that and avoid limitations on my account?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DrPuig 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

However you are not allowed to use another countries paypal account if you do not reside in that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DrPuig 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

However you are not allowed to use another countries paypal account if you do not reside in that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.