TRYING TO CHANGE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM - WEBSITE KEEPS GIVING ME AN ERROR

PuppyKat
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe I have to write all of this for the hundredth time. I ordered a product on December 18. On December 29, I emailed the seller for status. They did not respond. I filed a dispute with PayPal on December 31, 2020, and apparently the seller responded to them right away. Since mid-morning on December 31, my dispute has been "reviewing information from seller". REALLY? It is now January 9, 2021, and every time I check the resolution status on the PayPal website, the date of resolution just keeps getting bumped. It began at January 5, and now the date is January 14. Come-on - I paid the seller on December 18 and they not only don't respond to emails or phone calls, but I did not receive the product. I have tried THREE times to change the "dispute" to a "claim", over the past three days, but every single time, I get an "error" message that I need to "try again". This is SO not acceptable. PayPal is not handling this issue AT ALL. If a buyer has not received a product within 2 weeks and the seller won't respond to requests for status, that should the end of it. Game over. REFUND ISSUED. But PayPal is dragging this out day after day after day. it does not take 10 days to "review" information. I have emailed the seller to cancel my order in the meantime, but since they never responded to my email of December 29, they are not going to respond to my cancellation, either. I'm just beyond frustrated now. Ready to file a complaint with the state AG of the seller, and stop using PayPal because of how they are NOT handling this properly.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PuppyKat 

Paypal it appears are inundated with claims mainly from buyers that bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads !
So all claims are being pushed back unfortunately.

As long as yours has been escalated from a dispute to a claim, and is still being reviewed then you have the chance of a refund.
Sadly you will have to wait it out in the long queue though and hope paypal can bail you out with your unfortunate choice of seller.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.