TOSG is a scam, WHERE IS MY REFUND?

PRAIZETHEMORNIN
Contributor
Contributor

On June 15 I ordered a home gym from this website ( Walmart was out of stock and actually redirected me there ) for 71.63. A few hours later my son told me that website did not seem legit so we started to research it. In the meantime the seller took my 71.63 and sent me a PayPal receipt with a tracking number . I contacted USPS and all it stated was that it was being shipped from China. No where on the web did it state the item was coming from China but rather that it would be shipped in 5-8 days. The address is in Texas and the phone number is bogus as well.  After trying to contact the webstore I quickly notified PayPal of what was going on. They opened a dispute and thus far have given me various dates where a decision will be made as to the validity of the sale. Every time the decision date approaches they add more days.  There reps tell me a different story/ date everyday.  I contacted USPS and at this point they also believe its bogus. The ticket states its a small parcel /package which is impossible, it should be a large box for a home gym. I have found endless reviews online from people who have also been scammed and have been waiting since March 2020 for refunds from PayPal who promises to protect the buyer. The website is still selling items and still accepting Paypal as payment even though there are various open disputes against this company so why has PayPal not intervened in their ability to accept PayPal but instead continues to allow them to still accept payments ?  If anyone else has had an issue with this company<Removed>please contact me . PAYPAL has NOT refunded any of the money to buyers that were duped by them so its time that Paypal does something about this and protects the buyers who use Paypal. I definitely will NOT be one of them. PAYPAL you do NOT live up to your word ! I want my 71.63 credited back to  my account ASAP. Enough is enough !

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

SWattie
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, I am actually putting in a case with my bank.  PayPal is nit going to resolve this issue.  I ordered a treadmill and my tracking also states small package.  I should have known better.

Login to Me Too

SWattie
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got my money back from PayPal and this is the last time that I will pay for any through PayPal.

Login to Me Too

scmobileman
Contributor
Contributor
I use PayPal all the time. They have always made good on my claims. I would swear by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

SWattie
Contributor
Contributor

Lucky you, I feel like I got the run around.  After all these complaints it still like a month to get my money back.  

Login to Me Too

svanlangen
Contributor
Contributor

I am really angry with Paypal for allowing this and closing my case in TOSG''s defense! We have ZERO protection from Paypal! I can't even find a phone number for Paypal, and they do not reply to my messages.

Login to Me Too

Newstead
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email yesterday that we would get a refund for nondelivery of purchase, even though TOSG pulled the same scam after I filed the dispute by sending Paypal a second tracking number that had been delivered to our house. I think I won because I : 1) filed a report with our post office, talked to our mailman and found out they don't deliver anything over 70 pounds, and the Postmistress here told me Postmaster General's office is aware of this scam; 2) filed a complaint with the Houston BBB; 3) filed a complaint with the TTC online; 4) called PayPal with all of this information twice. Don't give up! To call Paypal: Click help at bottom of PP homepage Scroll to bottom, click Contact Us Scroll to bottom, click Call Us You will get a 5 digit number to use when calling them (phone number[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]- but you need the 5 digit number ).
Login to Me Too

scmobileman
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> is the customer service number I use. I did my claim thru the app. I didn't need to call this time. Have you filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission? I'm in SC and did the one's above and Houston BBB. On the website a non-existent address is used. My package was delivered to Cedar Park Tx.

Login to Me Too

scmobileman
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal's customer service number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] I had records/receipts and the USPS tracking info. No problems and this isn't the first time they have refunded my purchase.
Login to Me Too

IronButterfly72
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me where they sent a bogus tracking number that went to a completely different state and the other order went to a different city. My bank (I paid through PayPal from bank) says no error occurred. So I dont know what to do either. PayPal has not reimbursed me as well.
Login to Me Too

MS1983

I have the same issue. I ordered a tricycle from CHINO, CA and instead got a small envelope from CHINA with small toys (thanks God were not seeds). The seller used the tracking number of that envelope as proof that a package was delivered. I send pictures and complaints. The seller is non existent. PayPal keep changing the dates for a resolution to my complaint. Opened the dispute on almost 3 months ago and nothing so far. No refund, nobody to complaint and money lost. It seems like many are being scammed, PayPal knows about it and it is not doing anything. They are becoming complicit of the crime.

I guess we will have to contact the media to made these complaints public and made them responsible.,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.