Suspicious tranaction / purchase

Faustino1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an item from conflower.club(I know, the name should be a dead give away). Usually when I make an online purchase, which I don't do often, I get redirected back to the website for a confirmation and purchase details. In this case, after my PayPal account was charged, I received nothing. I was redirected back to the original site page and that was it. I sent a question to the email provided on the transaction about this and they responded a day later with an email regarding the shipment. I haven't opened the link in case its a bug so I'm curious if this looks like a fraudulent transaction. The website showed no confirmed cases of fraud because it is "too new" so if anyone can shed light on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Although, I'm pretty sure I just got jacked for $124. We'll see. 

ConFlower.PNGConFlower2.PNG

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Kdog90
Contributor
Contributor

I too just made a payment that looks unusual. I tried to buy off a website called <Removed> and it would only accept PayPal. I tried to use by PapyPal login but it kept on saying something like PayPal Token is not available so I paid for it manually using the pay with debit/credit card option. PayPal say it was successful and I got an email from them confirming the payment but I have not received anything from Jokame and the items are still in my shopping cart on the website. The receipt says I made a payment to Yu hui which is a name in Chinese. Why have I made a direct payment to a person rather than a company? To further the suspicion the address they have given on their website is not a valid address on Google Maps. 

What should I do?

Login to Me Too

daliadalia
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same thing just happened to me as well! I ordered a kids sand table from the website Jokame (never seen it before), paid via Paypal and immediately received a payment confirmation, but no order confirmation from Jokame. And like you said, payment has gone to some Chinese individual. This stinks like fraud to me. The website is also quite dodgy. Most links don't work. It's odd...

What do we do?

Login to Me Too

Shussain1
definitely a scam , my bank said as the payment is pending once its gone out of my bank to phone them back up and they will dispute the account and get my money back it was like £90 call your back once payment has been taken from account and raise with paypal
Login to Me Too

Kdog90
Contributor
Contributor

I live chatted to someone from PayPal today about it and they basically said the same thing. Once the money is out of my account and after at least 3 days have passed she said send them an email and they will dispute it for me. I had a bad feeling getting a Lego set £21 cheaper than everywhere else may have been too good to be true!

Login to Me Too

Faustino1985
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Thank you for your input!! I have recieved more information about my purchase after I sent a request to the email recipient on my PayPal transaction and they sent me a waybill. I looked up the number and it was a Chinese tracking number. I received confirmation from my uncle who's a carrier for USPS. The tracking shows the package has left Shanghai and is it in transit. I really dont know what the hell is going on at this point besides that it's been different from all other purchasing experience that I've had. I do plan on holding off on pursuing the charge until I "recieve" what ever package is in transit. I will follow up with this post to get keep people informed. Thank you. -Faustino
Login to Me Too

Kdog90
Contributor
Contributor

Doing a bit more digging into Jokame and they definitely look like a scam website, they have a 1% safety rating on Scamdoc.com:
https://www.scamdoc.com/view/215483

7 people on this have said they have been scammed and say do not use this website. Forget waiting 10 days I'll email PayPal tomorrow and ask them to demand a refund for me!

Login to Me Too

daliadalia
Contributor
Contributor
Gosh, thanks for the update. Feel so frustrated I fell into that dumb trap. Will have to get PayPal involved tomorrow!
Login to Me Too

Kdog90
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing on Trustpilot too, everyone saying the same thing about no order confirmation, going to a Chinese individual account etc:
https://nz.trustpilot.com/review/jokame.com

I'm glad I only spent £33.49 but it's still annoying I didn't research the website beforehand. Apparently it's only existed since 06/04/20! Probably set up by someone trying to take advantage of everyone being in isolation and needing things to keep kids happy and all that. People really do **bleep** me off sometimes!

Login to Me Too

Laura240
Contributor
Contributor
Hi this happened to me today, did u resolve it? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.