Suspicious Activity and Card Verification Refund

PatrickMatangui
Contributor
Contributor

I get paid weekly via PayPal. Out of nowhere, PayPal started momentarily disabling my account due to "Suspicious Activity" immediately after I got my weekly pay this week. I got a notification but it doesnt tell my the problem. I found my card was not verified, even though it was verified almost 2 weeks ago so I thought maybe that was the problem. So I verified it again, got charged again and it still didnt fix the momentary disable. I was expecting a refund from the verification. Now I got charged 100 pesos (which is 2$ US) and because of the account limitation, I am unable to receive a refund. 

I have bills coming up in 2 days and this happened out of nowhere. Why NOW!?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Suisei64
Contributor
Contributor
@PatrickMatangui rest assured that I’m getting ready to take PayPal to task about UNAUTHORISED ACTIVITY IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT WHICH THEY BRUSHED ASIDE AND GIVEN APPALING REDPONSES TO . apologies for the excessive use of capitals- just wanted to make sure anyone else out there knows we are not alone . Take care - I been vaxxed and feeling uuurgh but I’m intending taking PayPal on as a soon as I am firing on all cyclinders again(( I reckon by tomorrow)) . Keep in touch and look out for my post (( possibly PAYPAL ARE A MENACE?)) take care J x
Login to Me Too

Suisei64
Contributor
Contributor
Because that’s how they roll . Bloody incompetent and I can imagine hugely inconvenient for you. Mmmn based on my gripe they seem to be doing this to avoid doing any proper work. I’ve been DISABLED AND A RANDOM CHARGE MADE TO UNLOCK MY ACCOUNT DUE TO VERIFICATION ISSUES? I’ve been charged £1 3 times thus far ? Take care - I will take them to tssk re the APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM PAYPAL . I hope you have success -if so please let me know thanks ! Take care and stay safe in this awful world right now x
Login to Me Too

PatrickMatangui
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, this got on my nerves so much. I've done nothing but the same thing for months now. Just log in, transfer my money to my card, log out. I changed my card 2 weeks ago, verified it and got my refund. Now when I got my weekly pay for this week, the account gets suspended, my new card gets unverified and I thought that was the cause because the error I get DOES NOT mention why I was receiving it. So I reverified the new card, got charged again, and now I cant get my refund because my account was limited and cant received payments.

I hate it so much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.