Suspect Sellers who use Pay Pal

Huskylover49
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody. There is an item advertised on Facebook for $100 from the US which I am contemplating buying. I have run the sellers website through SCAMVOID which tells me this seller is 90/100% legit with no blacklisted reports against them. They are advertising free shipping and secure payment methods includng PayPal. My question is IF this site is not legit and I pay through PayPal, and I don't receive the purchase item, will PayPal refund my money? Thank everyone.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Huskylover49 

Firstly paypal only gives you 'some' buyer protection and its not a 100% cover so read up on it so you can risk assess your transactions.

Secondly be very wary of Facebook transactions and make sure its not one of these.........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Huskylover49 

Firstly paypal only gives you 'some' buyer protection and its not a 100% cover so read up on it so you can risk assess your transactions.

Secondly be very wary of Facebook transactions and make sure its not one of these.........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peshky
Contributor
Contributor

I just fell victim of this scam, and what beats me is paypal still allows scammers like on their platform even after several reports, it is such a shame.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.