Support

tamamizu
New Community Member

Is there legit any person I can actually speak to on the phone to discuss my issues? I have things I need to resolve and can better explain on the phone to an actual human and not an automated message in my email that I have to wait days for. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tamamizu 

As you don't think we can help then your options are..........

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrupsidown
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Why would anyone give you kudos for such an "answer"? You are volunteering for a company that earns billions and can't provide their customers with the most basic thing: help & support. You should really think about that...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrupsidown 

I am volunteering to help the 'users' of paypal that post on this 'community' forum.

Each week I save a lot of folks from being scammed, yesterday I saved someone from posting out a $600 item to a scammer, now if you think that does not deserve kudos then thats your issue and not mine.

As for my answer, I can only give the options available can't I?

Hardly my fault that their customer services is pretty difficult to get hold off at the moment.

Why do you think I have been posting more since covid, to help folks get answers that I can provide and direct them to all the options that I know are available if I can't.

Luckily there are loads of grateful and relieved posters on here that do get answers and leave kudos/solution.

However I don't need them as I already have thousands, I leave that comment to encourage all users of the forum to leave kudos for each other if they have been helped as a 'thank you'.

Sadly there are always folks like yourself that don't help, have a pop at those that do and are generally negative.

Have a great day whilst I give up a few hours to save a few more from being scammed or explain how things work or how to get their money back from scams etc. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mrupsidown
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Don't take it wrong.

While I found that particular answer not very helpful, I have no doubts you do provide help to many people and that is nice from you.

All what I am saying is that you are volunteering your free time for a company that earns billions, and doesn't care a second about their customer satisfaction, and doesn't provide the minimal support services they should be providing, and most likely doesn't care a second about what you do either, and most likely will never even thank you or reward you for that.

My personal opinion is that this is very contradictory. YOU help thousands for free. THEY help nobody while earning billions.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrupsidown 

A lot on here are scammed via FAKE paypal emails so it has nothing to do with paypal anyway, first one of the day i have just replied to here...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/Receiving-money-from-the-US/m-p/2415448/highlight/...

And believe me whilst I get no monetary gain (which I would not want anyway) Paypal moderators certainly DO appreciate what I do and have done for years. I do get contacted by them. 

Most companies have 'community forums' to help users find their way about the site so Paypal is no different.

But I do agree with you on their customer services, if you do need to contact them then yes very hard to do so, but thats another issue than the community forum where we help each other. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mrupsidown
Contributor
Contributor

I am sure people appreciate what you do and I am sure PayPal does too. If at least they tell you so... that's better than nothing. I know what I am talking about... I did the same for Google for several years until I realized that... well... they wouldn't give a F, and wouldn't even be thankful. So I stopped doing it.

For the main topic here (support) I think we agree they are as bad as they can be.

In my case, as I am trying to reach them for WEEKS... I ended up sending them an email today stating clearly that I could not get hold of their phone support services for several weeks. And they replied. And they said I should try to call them.

Honestly... this is not just useless support. This is insulting.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.