Sunburst.Store - fake selling website websites

suzieb5543
Contributor
Contributor

My friend saw an advert for a small folding garden chair on - https://www.sunburst.store/  . (the website looks very credible and paying via Paypal gave me the confidence to buy - big mistake, and I now know there are many other credible looking sites that are fake. I'm very pc savvy and never thought I'd be taken in by a scam) The price was on the cheap side but we both ordered one. I've since found that this is a scam selling site.  From about 45mins after I ordered, I have been trying to contact paypal to stop the payment but I cant get anywhere with it. I'm going round in circles on the Paypal website and the official phone number for Paypal just keeps cutting off. I've had no alternative but to mark it as not received but now have to wait to escalate it to a claim. 

Has anyone else been caught out like this and were you successful in getting your money back ? Thanks for any help you can give 🙂

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Salina58
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal refused to treat this as fraud, I mentioned it to them numerous times. I was sent a piece of foam which I was expected to send back to get a refund and it would have cost me more so I decided not to.
Login to Me Too

Sunflower22
New Community Member

I had the exact same issue. 2 months wait to get a piece of foam. So disappointing.

Login to Me Too

KelleyG
Contributor
Contributor
I received the same piece of crap Styrofoam. It was in generic packaging that didn't reflect any company I had ordered from. I blamed Wish because they use similar packaging but they do actually send you what you ordered. I tried to reach the scam company repeatedly to no avail and the PayPal model is exhausting!! They hope you just give up!
Login to Me Too

DINDRANE
Contributor
Contributor
Don't give up. All 3 items were eventually refunded by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

DINDRANE
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed for the first time in my life too. Sunburst was selling chairs cheap because of Covid. I was scammed. I waited and waited. All 3 purchases have been escalated to pay pal resolution centre. All emails are bouncing back to me now. It is taking forever to get my refund from PayPal. So disappointed that I was scammed. Damn
Login to Me Too

Salina58
Contributor
Contributor
Are Paypal willing to refund you? They refused mine, they said I had to return it and Paypal wouldn’t respond to my messages about it being fraud so in place of a tracking number I entered a message about fraud they then decided to close the case not in my favour and let the seller keep my money.
Login to Me Too

Madraver81
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. They are not being very helpful at all.

Straight-out scam.  

Login to Me Too

Salina58
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe it depends on who you speak to. I read that some people manage to get their money back.
Login to Me Too

rodmck007
New Community Member
They sent me some crap which was wrong it look like a piece of colored sponge
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.