Sun Dolphin Kayak scam

Petlor
New Community Member

What a scam! Fell for it hook, line and sinker!!

This happened back at the end of October and I am still disputing it because of delivery POD's for a 2.2 pound Kayak.

Why is PayPal dealing with these scammers? Why are the scammer's website not shut down??

Isn't this a federal thing because of fraudulent money transactions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Petlor 

Scammers are in China, and in that country they can sell fakes and scam you as their government is unlikely to do anything about it.

Paypal can and does withdraw their services from companies when a lot of claims start rolling in BUT its easy enough for the scammers to set up another name of the company and start over.

Best thing is to not buy from them in the first place.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.