Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

jashlord971
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is the worst tbh. I used FairShake to sue them for free. I filled a claim on FairShake and after 45 days paypal were served papers, they handle the legal stuff. These thieves have released my money and I am still going to sue them for damages and unjustly keeping my money. At least when they responded to the claim, Paypal finally told me why they put a hold on my account.  These jerks need to be sued into oblivion. 

Login to Me Too

lyshia41
Yes because I'm sueing as well. They been holding my money for weeks now BUT THE MAN AT PAYPAL JUST SAID THERE SECURITY CHECK SYSTEM IS BROKE .. THEY BEEN TRYNA FIX IT FOR YEARS NOW... INSTEAD OF THEM JUST CLOSING DOWN PAYPAL THEY GOING YO TAKE PPL FUNDS UNTILL SOMEONE CLOSES THERE SOTE DOWN. IM SUEING AS WELL IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT .
Login to Me Too

Nofoolio
No kidding they don't have to do business then they simply reject you not keep your money smarty pants
Login to Me Too

Donnajojo
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is a TOTAL FRAUD.  They are a terrible, dishonest service.  DON"T EVER SEND MONEY TO AN EMAIL!  I did  this, I sent to the incorrect email and had to re-send to receive my books.  PayPal could care less.  They just pocketed my money.  They denied my request to get the money back.  They say the transaction was completed, even though the receipient got an email saying the money would be returned to me.  PLEASE GET ME A MANAGER"S NUMBER. This is absolutely ridiculous.  PAY PAL SUCKS AND I TELL EVERYONE TO USE VENMO!!! MUCH BETTER SERVICE!!!

Even the customer service Rep I spoke with seemed to know I was getting ripped off.  

HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!!?????????

I am so sorry to all of those who lost significant amounts of money.  

Login to Me Too

Thuyisangry
Contributor
Contributor
No sir you are wrong thier contracts do not superceed law and federal law describes the behavior of terminating a business relationship and holding money of the other parties for a 6 month period embezzlement a federal crime punishable by jail time. Just because an individual is acting under the guise of a corporation does not shield the individual from criminal behavior.
Login to Me Too

Shandini
Contributor
Contributor
I have issues with PayPal. Pending withdrawals since 4 months and no one find a solution to solve the problems. They are not professional service providers! It seems a bunch of kids running that service with made in China technology and equipment. What a laugh for a so call American Company😱
Login to Me Too

rommelh1305
Contributor
Contributor

HOW CAN WE SUE together

So I know what Paypal is doing.

They are holding our money because they get more money for having a certain amount of money in their account.

eBay told me they do not know why Paypal is holding my money because everything looks fine on their side.

I am doing everything I can to solve this. They just keep you in a loop, that it takes a certain amount of time to review our account.

PAYPAL holds our funds along with eBay for the buyer's protection.

ONCE we ship and the items are delivered we should get our money.

NOPE Paypal got upset that I tweeted about this and froze my account.

THEY are a fraudulent company.

we need to take this to the court not civil **bleep**. I put 2000 dollars into starting this business and Paypal has all the money the buyers paid me. and I have no way around this.

please contact me <removed>

I am taking this to the top I am contacting lawyers, news this goes against our rights. IF BANKS CANNOT HOLD OUR MONEY HOW CAN PAYPAL HOLD OUR MONEY

THIS is against the law

I JUST contacted the BBB and I am writing to the FDIC.

Please join me in the multitudes we can fight these greedy corporations. They are the real criminals.

Login to Me Too

MOUSSTAID
Contributor
Contributor
I m in process of sueing PayPal. Just notefied them by mail. I m waiting for the court to open because of COVID19 they temporarily closed.
Login to Me Too

E26
Contributor
Contributor
Can I know what’s the update? I have to file a lawsuit in California for the same thing and am so heartbroken! They stole all of my savings!
Login to Me Too

E26
Contributor
Contributor
Can I know what’s the update? I have to file a lawsuit in California for the same thing and am so heartbroken! They stole all of my savings!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.